Gadre Marine Export Pvt Ltd, the largest Surimi producer in India and the third largest in the world, has roped in Vikas Khanna an award winning Indian chef as their brand ambassador. Since he is one of the few Indian chefs with global presence, and is a pioneer in the F&B industry, Vikas Khanna is a strong personification of Gadre’s brand identity and exemplifies the same values that are attached with the brand.
Gadre Marine Export was originally a processing and packaging unit of frozen marine products such as shrimps, squids, cuttlefish and other fin-fish. In 1994 however an unprecedented and bold step was taken, India’s first and only Surimi manufacturing plant was set up in Ratnagiri. Gadre Marine since then became the third largest Surimi** manufacturer in the world and also started Indian operations for the frozen sea food category.
Sharing his thoughts on the association, Mr. Vikas Khanna quotes, ”I can never get enough of seafood and through this association I’ve explored some interesting recipes which will change the way we eat seafood! especially with an upcoming innovative products from Gadre”.
Talking about the association Mr. Arjun Gadre, Owner, Gadre Marine Export Pvt. Ltd comments, “VikasKhanna is one of the most versatile chefs in the country with an expertise in sea food. We are extremely delighted about this association and couldn’t have thought of any one better to represent the brand Gadre and our products”
The brand is all set to launch its new campaign – “What The Fish” for the packaged Frozen food products with Vikas Khanna for the year 2015 – 16. Through this campaign the brand plans to engage with its target audience on various levels from Television commercials to digital activation. Mr. Khanna has also created a range of fun, easy to cook recipes with Gadre Seafood that are perfect for a quick snack or meal with your family. These recipes will be accessible through the website and the Webisodes of the brand. The recipes that Vikas Khanna has come up with are more than suited for the consumers and are made specifically for a quick, healthy, easy alternative to traditional cooking whether it’s a meal you want to prepare for yourself or a dish meant for your family.
With this association the brand aims to change the perception about frozen seafood in India and create more awareness about its specialties.
**Surimi (is a Japanese word) which means fish paste. The production process is as follows
- Fresh fish is received from the fishing harbour in ice and maintained at 4 degrees Celsius.
- Headed and gutted using clean stainless steel equipment.
- Washed thoroughly with chilled in 5 degree Celsius water.
- Then it goes through those meat separating machines where Skin, Bones and Scales are separated from the meat and only the best portion of the fish is then used for further refining.
- Then washed again thrice in cold water each time draining the water to remove all the fat, blood and enzymes to then finally make a clean boneless odourless fish meat which is full of healthy fish protein to make value added ready to eat products.
- The product is then quick frozen to -18 degrees Celsius to maintain the goodness of the fish meat and the stored in cold storage for further use.
- <iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/3rB-0v9pO1w” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>