TIPS FOR MONSOON HAIR CARE
Inputs by Ms. Neeti Chopra, Skin & Hair Expert, Unwind Salon & Cafe, Saket, New Delhi
As much as we all love the monsoon season, the rainy weather doesn’t go very well with our hair. We often face problems like excessive hair fall, dandruff, dry, brittle& thin hair during this time of the year. Below are mentioned some simple tips on how to take care of your mane this upcoming monsoon.
- Avoid getting wet in the rain. If you do, then make sure that you come back and use a good shampoo to clean your hair properly – right from the root to the tip, and conditioner on the length of the hair to replenish any lost nourishment. This is necessary as pollutants in the rain water weaken your hair and make them lose their natural shine & lustre.
- It is most important to keep your hair dry as far as possible. After shampooing, make sure your hair is 100% dry and then comb it using a wide toothed comb before stepping out of the house. Wet hair is more prone to breakage and damage. Try tying your hair using a simple hair accessory like a scarf. It helps in shielding the hair from the sun and prevents it from getting wet.
- Monsoons mean excessive humidity which leads to dull, brittle and frizzy hair. This often results in an excessively oily scalp and dandruff. It is a good idea to stay away from frequent styling and chemical treatments for hair. It is equally important to never skip conditioning your hair after shampooing it. This helps in replenishing all the lost nutrients and helps hair to gain back its softness.
- It is utmost important to stay hydrated in the monsoon season. Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Eat freshly cooked green leafy vegetables, whole grains, fruit, kidney beans, eggs and other protein rich foods. This helps in strengthening the hair follicles and reduce hair fall.
- Pampering yourself with warm hair oil massages followed by hair wash and conditioning is an important ritual to be followed in monsoons. This helps in making the hair soft & more manageable. Another good idea is to massage aloe vera gel on the scalp & hair to cure dandruff, split ends and other hair related problems.